1) Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
2) ’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed!
3) Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Twas grace that brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
4) The Lord has promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
5) Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
6) The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine.